Tomato, Ricotta and Basil Pasta...an antidote to the hairdressers

Friday 23 March 2012

There are many things in life I’m not good at, I won’t bore you with a list but going to the hairdressers is definitely on it.  This morning I faced another torturous visit after a very long three month gap (it was actually four but the hair dresser doesn’t need to know that).  How I hate sitting in the chair, making small talk while trying to look normal and relaxed as I peer at the blurred image in front of me.  I wear glasses so without them I can’t see what the heck is going on. I just have to wait it out and hope for the best.  These days it doesn’t really bother me, I leave feeling relieved and high tail it home avoiding all mirrors until I have washed all the gunk I just paid for out of my hair and then dried it in my own unique fashion.  Long gone are the days when a trip to the hairdressers meant several hours of tears and tantrums.  Instead, arriving home starving hungry, I rewarded myself with this incredibly simple and tasty tomato pasta dish of plum tomatoes, garlic, ricotta and basil.  The weather has been so lovely and sunny the last few days I am beginning to crave summer flavours.  The combination of tomato and basil just says summer to me. The best bit...you can leave the sauce simmering away on the stove while you go and sort out your hair disasters.

The recipe comes from Luisa of The Wednesday Chef featured on A Cup of Jo  You can get the recipe here.  I stuck to the recipe but used one clove of garlic instead of two as we like to go easy on the garlic in this house.  I also obviously used gluten free pasta.  It really is an easy, after work quick dinner that is filling and tasty.  Bon appétit x

2 comments:

  1. This is the reason I get my hair cut at home! I'd much rather spend my time on lovely simple pasta and sauce... :)

    ReplyDelete