Roasted Peaches with Cinnamon and Toasted Almonds

Tuesday 10 July 2012

I sit here in mid July wearing a warm jumper, the sky darkening as it readies itself for another onslaught of rain.  The UK summer is definitely not loading properly.  Hooray for peaches which can help me to fake summer instead.  This is a ridiculously simple pudding.  I have mentioned before my love of roasting things.  This time it’s peaches.  Lovely ripe peaches get chopped in half, brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar and roasted in a hot oven for ten minutes (Gas Mark 8, 230°C, 450°F).  I finished them off under the grill for an extra bit of golden brown (they got a little burnt, ahem).

That’s it really.  Recipe courtesy of Sophie Dahl in Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights.  I served mine with natural sheep milk yoghurt and a sprinkle of toasted almonds.  For all of you who are lucky enough to be basking in the warm sun, please, please send a little our way.








No comments:

Post a Comment