Lately with my Iphone and Instagram Changing Seasons...

Wednesday 19 September 2012

The last few weeks have been all about enjoying the end of summer and looking forward to autumn.  I am loving the clear, crisp days.  As much as I hate to say goodbye to summer fruits like peaches, nectarines and strawberries I also welcome the arrival of blackberries, plums and pears.  I’ve been coming home from the market with bags of victoria plums. So sweet and juicy.
 
We’ve been out most weekends picking blackberries.  There’s a wasp casually sitting on the edge of the table waiting to pounce on the blackberries...
My neighbour gave me damsons from her tree!  These lovely little fruit look like baby plums.
They are a bit too sour to eat raw but are transformed when cooked.  They were perfect in these crumble bars which I adapted to gluten free from this recipe.  I’ll post it soon.
Autumn leaves and shadows outside work.
Reflections in the early evening light on my way home from the station.
The obligatory Sunday morning coffee fix.  The waitress now knows our order by heart, I guess I’m in a coffee rut but at least I’m not alone.
I actually went out and ate in a restaurant, a rare event these days.  Gluten Free Pizza at Bruschetta...it is amazing.  If you are visiting London I recommend you take a trip out to Kingston upon Thames and try this restaurant. Cross contamination is not an issue as these pizzas are prepared separately and cooked in their own pizza oven.  I dived in before I thought to take a photo because basically, I’m greedy.  Mozzarella, aubergine and ricotta for me.  Mozzarella, Italian sausage and chilli for him.  The base was thin and crisp and so light. Everyone in our group tried some and thought it was better than the regular pizzas so there you go!
I couldn’t skip desert either!  Gluten free tiramisu and cheesecake (we switched half way through).  Again I failed you on the photo front but here are the remnants of what was a truly delicious cheesecake with berry compote.  So good.  Next time proper photos, hopefully!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment