Lamb and Apricot Stew or a Study in Steam

Thursday 22 January 2015





















I love a good steam shot.  Just piping hot food and winter light.  I got a little carried away here.  The stew is flavoured with Ras El Hanout spice mix which originates from North Africa and has got to be one of the prettiest spice mixes around with its dried rose petals.  Containing spices like paprika, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, chilli and ginger it can’t fail to warm you up on a cold day.  The lamb is melt in the mouth tender and the sweetness from the apricots compliments the warming spices perfectly.





















Find the recipe here from BBC Good Food.
Notes: I add sliced carrot and fennel to my stew and I like to cook mine for at least an hour so that the meat is really tender.  You will need a bit more stock if you are going to cook it longer.  I threw in some chopped kale at the end and I served this over brown rice.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE STEAM SHOT. Still learning to work with capturing that. Aside from the steam, gotta say well done on capturing the light in these photos. Stunning. And the stew sounds delicious! Especially with the snowy chilly weather. Will check out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shu Han. I'm loving the winter light at the moment. :)

      Delete